It's impossible to miss the circle, square, and dot that make up the Instagram app icon; they give the impression of an old-fashioned camera in a sophisticated and understated way.
On the other hand, if you're sick of how things look, you might be relieved to learn that you can switch out the symbol.
Recent updates to the Instagram app have added the capability to modify the app's symbol directly within the settings menu. Check out this page to see how it can be done using the tools on your iPhone or Android device.
How To Change Instagram Icon On iPhone
If you own an iPhone and you want to change the original Instagram icon, you can download the Shortcuts app and use it to customize the icon for any application you like.
However, several requirements must be met beforehand.
You must have the Shortcuts app installed on your iPhone device, and your iOs device must run on iOS 14 or higher.
Again, you need to have the new icon image you want to use for the Instagram app icon saved to your Photos library.
Once you have all the necessary components and are ready to go, it just takes a few taps to change any app's icon, including Instagram's symbol.
Below is the procedure:
- Open the Shortcut app.
- Create a new Shortcut.
- Tap the Instagram app icon.
- Rename the Shortcut to something appropriate (e.g. Instagram).
- Select an image to serve as your new Shortcut image.
You can also learn how to delete your Instagram account in "How To Delete Instagram Account From Your Phone Or PC" by Ultihow.
How Can You change Instagram App Icon on Android Phone?
The situation is a little bit different for those who use Android. You have a few different options. But, you will need to use third-party applications to complete this process.
The application we will be using is a launcher. Using the launcher, we will walk you through changing the Instagram app icon from your phone's home screen.
Use a Launcher
Install a third-party app to change the Instagram app icons on your Android phone. You need to install a launcher on your Android home screen. You must install a launcher.
Launchers typically can swap out icons, which is another way they let you personalize the look of your phone.
Check out the best Android launchers in "Best Android launchers in 2022" by Tom's Guide.
The Smart Launcher app, available for Android devices, is a popular launcher that makes it simple to change the icons on your phone.
Still, the process can also be completed successfully using a variety of alternative launchers.
First, you need to download Smart Launcher from Google Play Store.
After downloading "Smart Launcher" from the Google Play Store, proceed with the instructions below.
- Open the Launch app installed.
- You can upgrade to the app's paid version if you prefer or skip the upgrade and use the free version.
- Choose the Instagram app logo.
- Tap and hold its symbol for as long as necessary until a pop-up window displays.
- Select the Edit icon from the dropdown menu.
- Make your selection from the available Instagram icons. You can select an icon from the Smart Launcher collection, the photo gallery on your phone, or any of the various icon packs that have been loaded.
Make Use of an App
You can change the icons of your apps with the help of one of the many apps available on Google Play.
However, this section will discuss the "X Icon Changer" app and show you how the procedure operates.
In any case, if you'd instead use another app, you're free to do so.
- Find X Icon Changer on Google Play and install it on your device
- Tap and hold your finger down on an empty area on your phone's home screen, and then select Widgets from the menu.
- Continue scrolling down until you find the X Icon Changer. Simply tap and hold the icon until the home screen appears, and then you can release it from your phone screen.
- Find Instagram by scrolling through the list of apps already installed on your phone.
- Simply tap on it, and then choose the image you'd like to utilize.
- You have the option of selecting one from among all of the pre-made icons. You can also take a photo and choose an icon from your collection.
Changing your Instagram icon isn't rocket science. Follow all the procedures we've listed above to enjoy the feature.
[sc_fs_multi_faq headline-0="h2" question-0="How can I change the color of my Instagram app icon in?" answer-0="You will be able to modify the color of the icon that represents your Instagram account by navigating to your profile, hitting the "Edit Profile" button, and then selecting a new color from the "Icon Color" menu." image-0="" headline-1="h2" question-1="Why can’t I change the Instagram app icon?" answer-1="As a means of preserving the program's overall aesthetic, Instagram doesn't permit its users to customize the app icons that appear on their profiles. If each person used a different icon, it would be incredibly difficult to distinguish which app belonged to which person." image-1="" headline-2="h2" question-2="How do I get the old Instagram icon?" answer-2="There is currently no way to get the old Instagram icon. Early in the year 2020, an update to the app introduced a new design, and there's currently no option to go back to the previous icon." image-2="" count="3" html="true" css_class=""]