Do you know that there are over 265 million users on Snapchat? Were you informed that 59% of all internet users in the United States use the Snapchat app? I'm glad I told you.
SnapChat is the 6th most downloaded app of 2021. Amazing right? I know.
Since its inception, Snapchat has come on leaps and bounds. It's currently one of the leading social media platforms, shunned by the older generation and loved by the youths. Everyone can benefit from Snapchat, from the general population to brands.
Before we answer your question about “how to make a public profile on Snapchat,” let's discuss the meaning of a public profile on Snapchat.
What's A Public Profile on Snapchat?
A public profile is quite different from your normal SnapChat account. Your videos and pictures on your normal account are only restricted to your friends but when SnapChatters create public profiles, their content and photos are exposed to other users all over the world
While chatting with a friend is enjoyable, having to find an audience is incredible.
Although public profiles on Snapchat are not brand-new, their accessibility has evolved.
When Snapchat made it possible for anybody to build their individual public profile through the app in late 2020, it ended the concept that the public profile feature was only for celebrities and content providers.
Creating a Snapchat Public Profile
Let's answer your question on how to create a public profile on Snapchat.
To create a public profile, the below steps should be followed:
- Press the bitmoji icon on the top left corner of your screen to go to your current profile.
- Scroll down to the "public profile" area.
- Choose "create public profile" and boom! Your public profile is created.
- Tap on “edit profile” on the top left corner of your screen; set up the bio of your newly created profile, and make your bio so engaging to attract more followers.
- Furthermore, set up your location and add your profile photo
What Are the Public Profile Features?
Having a public account exposes you to the following Snapchat features:
- Users can be able to showcase snapchat lenses.
- Users can show subscriber count.
- Possibility to create highlights
- You can also separate your friend list from your subscriber list.
Is It Possible for Everyone to Create a Public Profile?
As previously stated, only verified creators and celebrities were able to use the public profile function because Snapchat only allowed a certain number of users to access this service. Guess what? It's different now even though there are some eligibility criteria.
You can put an end to your Snapchat addiction by reading the Ultiblog article "Why Social Media Is Toxic and How Can You Avoid The Negative Effects on Social Media?"
Here Are Some Public Profile Requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old to be eligible to make your profile public
- Your Snapchat account needs to be several days old. If you are a new Snapchat user, the public profile button won't be available on your profile on Snapchat. Don't worry! All you need to do is wait for some days.
- If you breach the Snapchat community guidelines, you won't be able to make your profile public.
How to Build a Public Profile on Snapchat
The next step after creating a Snapchat public profile is to expand it by adding fresh content.
Even if a user doesn't have a live Public Story, their content can still be displayed on a Public Profile.
Under "Highlights" in the "Profile Management" section, users can permanently clip their favorite Stories or leave them there for as long as they choose.
Lenses created using Lens Studio may also be added.
Making Saved Stories is a terrific method to add information to a Public Profile.
They could be brand-new Stories, previously published Public Snaps on your camera roll, or even pictures and videos straight from your gallery.
Here are the step-by-step tips:
- Go to your profile icon, tap on "edit profile."
- Open "Profile Management," tap on the profile settings, and select "Saved Stories" to accomplish this.
- Then, select "Create New Story."
- You may now select older Snaps, pictures, or videos and hit the "+" button to include them in a Story collection
- Select the images and videos you want to import by tapping "Import" after choosing publicly posted or stored content.
- A Story can have 100 Snaps or five minutes of content, according to Snapchat.
- By tapping "Edit" in the top-right corner of a Story, content can be added, deleted, or rearranged.
- Now that the Saved Story has a cover photo and title, users can touch "Finish" to save it to their Public Profile on Snapchat.
How to Create and Manage Public Profiles on Snapchat for Businesses
Companies can put up public profiles in addition to creating profiles on their website.
As a result, they may quickly connect with customers by sharing relevant material.
There are many characteristics of a company's public profile.
Using Snapchat, businesses can still access and change the landing pages for their private profiles.
The product can then be browsed or purchased straight through the app for all users.
In the article "How To See Profile Views On Snapchat?," Wealth Quint explains how you may discover who's been viewing your Snapchat profile.
How to Delete Your Public Profile on Snapchat
You can erase your public profile on snapchat if you subsequently decide against keeping one.
To do this, go to your public profile setting icon, scroll to the bottom of the screen, and hit the "Settings" gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
Tap Delete public profile after that.
If you decide to delete your public profile, a warning dialog box will show up informing you of the content that will be removed.
Tap the "Delete" button that appears in this box if you still choose to do so.
Your entire Snapchat account is not deleted when you delete your public profile.
Having friends on snapchat is a fun-filled experience. Still, having a battalion of supporters is quite cool.
Creating public profile on a snapchat exposes you to other Snapchatters in the world.
[sc_fs_multi_faq headline-0="h2" question-0="What Does 5k Mean on Public Profiles on Snapchat Accounts?" answer-0="When you have below 5000 subscribers on Snapchat, the exact number of subscribers won't show. Nevertheless, when you exceed 500 0 subscribers, a notification will be sent to you so you can display it on your profile as "5K."" image-0="" headline-1="h2" question-1="Will someone know if you access their public profile?" answer-1="No, a person won't know if you click on their public profile." image-1="" count="2" html="true" css_class=""]